Dark spots are also known as age spots or sometimes as liver spots depending upon their symptoms. It can happen at any age and anytime, but most of the time, it appears in middle age. These are of many types which you will learn in further discussion. It may occur because of UV lights from the sun and as a side effect of any medicine. It is not harmful, and you can cover it by taking proper treatment for dark spots.
- 1 What are dark Spots
- 2 Causes
- 3 Type of dark spots
- 4 How to remove dark spots
- 5 Prevention Tips
- 6 Faq
What are dark Spots
Dark spots which are also known as hyperpigmented marks usually make a dark mark on your skin in comparison to the surrounding area. These spots can occur in any place of your body, such as in dace, hands, underarms, shoulders, and back. It can occur at any age, any gender, and with any skin type of person. When an excess amount of melanin is deposited in your skin, then dark spots occur in your face. It commonly occurs in your face because of excessive exposure to sunlight. When you suddenly notice in your face, then you may be panic. But once when you know about the cause and dark spot treatment, then you take it usually. So, here you will learn about the causes and prevention of dark spots in a particular way.
- Overexposure to UV rays: If you are spending more time in the exposure of sunlight, then it may appear on your skin. It is generally known as sunspots. The UV rays produce the increase of melanin on the surface of your skin which creates the dark spots on your face.
- Hormonal imbalance: Because of the hormonal imbalance another type of dark spots appear in your skin which is known as Melasma. It is common in women at the time of pregnancy and other hormonal change.
- Inflammation: It is another reason for which dark spots occur in your skin. It may occur due to eczema, acne and other skin allergies.
- Side effects of medicines: There are some spots which may occur because of the side effects of any medication. There are some medicines which increase the skin pigmentation, and as a result, the dark spot occurs.
- Diabetes: There is a chance that diabetes can cause an area of your body darker in comparison to the surrounded area.
Type of dark spots
If you want to remove your dark spot, then you should know about the cause and the type. So, here you will learn about the types of dark spots.
- Melasma: Melasma is a kind of treatment for dark spots which usually occurs having dark skin tones of women. It is an extended form of hyperpigmentation which can cover a large area of your skin. In this, you will notice that there is a change in the colour of your skin from light brown to dark yellow.
- Lentigines: This type of dark spots which is known as solar lentigines are occurred due to the harsh effect of UV rays on your skin. It may occur as a single spot or maybe in the form of multiple spots on your skin. This type of dark spots occurs among the youth.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: Did you ever notice that sometimes your acne leaves a mark on your skin? It is known as PH. It changes the colours from pink to red and then browns.
How to remove dark spots
The dark spots are not permanent and can be permanently removed by taking some medicines. Here we discuss dark spot treatment.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment is an effective and easiest way to remove dark spots on face treatment altogether. In this treatment, your targeted area is focused by a light. This light removes all the particles of pigmentation on your skin. After taking 5 to 6 session, you will get success to remove your dark spot.
- Microneedling: In this dark spot treatment, there is stainless steel used in which hundreds of tiny needles are covered. When the needle is a dip into your skin, it increases the collagen production on your skin. There is a cream applied to your skin before the treatment.
- Chemical peels: This is another type of dark spot treatment where the outers layer of your skin is removed. After this treatment, you will get smooth and glowing skin. Salicylic and lactic acid peels are the best peels used for this treatment.
- Microdermabrasion: It is an exfoliation dark spots on face treatment like chemical peels which extracts the dead cells in your face. It is used in mild cases. The best thing about this treatment is it doesn’t damage your face.
- Creams and ointments: There are some creams and lotions available in the market which can reduce the dark spots. But there may be a chance of side effects on your skin. So, one thing you must follow that you should consult with a therapist before going to try any of this treatment.
There are several ways through which you can prevent these spots on your face and body. Here we discussed some of the methods which you should apply to prevent from dark spots.
- You should try to keep your face protected from the sun. Before going outside, you should use the sunscreens with SPF 40. To protect your skin from UV rays, you can try long sleeves dress and a tie a scarf on your face.
- Some women have extra, sensitive skin. For those type of skins, you should use the best skin care products. Pay some extra attention to your skin and avoid the products which irritate your skin.
- If you feel that you have a mild range of hyperpigmentation on your skin which can be treated at your home then try Retin-A. Retin-A is a medication for hyperpigmentation. Before using, you should consult with a dermatologist.
- Try to use cosmetic products which include vitamin C in it. Vitamin C is an active light skinning agent which helps to reduce the dark spots on your face.
- You should wear a sunglass and cap before stepping out. Avoid going outside between 10 am to 4 pm.
1. How many sessions are enough for the treatment of dark spots?
The number of sessions depends upon the conditions of your skin. Generally, it takes 4 to 8 sessions for removing it permanently, but it may vary according to the skin conditions.
2. How much time does it take to get a result?
The result is depending upon your skin type and the type of treatment you choose to remove your dark spots. Generally, it takes one day or maybe one week for some cases.
3. Which one is the best cream to remove the dark spots?
The cream which contains retinol and alpha hydroxy acids is the best cream to remove the dark spots. But in some cases, it may show some adverse effects. So, before applying any cream consult with a doctor.
4. What are the side effects of laser treatment?
There may be some swelling or skin irritation after the laser treatment. But this is temporary. Don’t be panic.
5. What is the cost of treatment?
The cost of treatment is affordable and it may vary depending on your problem.